Law Office of Ronald A. Cabanayan
Law Office of
Ronald A. Cabanayan

DUI ~ Criminal Defense ~ Immigration/Naturalization

Justice Is On Your Side

Information on the student visa available in California

If you are interested in coming to the United States to study, you need to know all about the student visa available. The more you know ahead of time, the less likely it is that your application gets denied the first time you submit it. Let’s look at some important information about the student visa that is available for those looking to study in California.

In order to apply for a student visa, you will need to complete the application online. You need to fill out Form DS-160. You are required to print the confirmation page that appears once the application is complete. You need to bring this piece of paper with you to the interview.

An interview must be scheduled if you wish to receive a student visa. These take place at a United States embassy or consulate in the country in which you live. If you are between the age of 14 and 79, you are required to take part in an interview. If you are applying for the renewal of a student visa, you might fall under some exceptions that could exempt you from the interview.

If you want to attend a vocational training school, you will need to apply for a student visa known as M. If you want to go to college, high school, private elementary school, conservatory, seminary or a language program you will need to apply for a student visa known as F.

Applying for a student visa to study in San Jose is not a difficult process. Take the information presented here and use it when you go to complete the application so you don’t miss any important data.